Thursday, September 20, 2012

Orientation: Day One

So, I was recently hired at my local grocery store. After desperately job searching for two years, I cried I was so happy. Two years of only being able to get a few interviews and never understanding what I was doing wrong, it was good to know I finally must have done something right. I've never been so excited to work at or for anything in my life.

Most people wouldn't be excited to work at a grocery store. However, I'm working for basically the best one in existence. I would say them name, but I'm not sure if I'm actually allowed to do that. So, Imma just play it safe and not type it.

Anyway, I had to go to two days of orientation before I could start working. The first day was basically a history lesson. It was actually pretty awesome. I learned a lot. I even learned life lessons from learning the store's history. I also learned about employee benefits and stuff like that. You know, general stuff. Our orientation learned was super cool and super informative. It was a good day.

What I really want to talk about are some of the people I met there, though. Which means I'm going to completely exaggerate all of them. Here we go!

Old Lady Parvim:

Parvim is quite possibly the sweetest woman I've ever met. And absolutely adorable. She's a little older woman. I'm pretty sure she moved her from a Latin country at some point (legally). Her accent was pretty heavy and sometimes Spanish words would slip out. Lucky for me, I learned some some Spanish in high school. She gave me candy and gum and we talked about all sorts of things. Not much of a story, but she did say "Me gusta" a lot. So, later when I talking about the city of Augusta to Boyfriend, I did not say it correctly. At all. It was pretty embarrassing. I'll be working at the same store as her, which is pretty exciting.


Maximilian:
Max was an interesting one. He liked to talk, a lot. Which was good for me because nobody else was talking and I felt super awkward. So, we hit it off pretty fast. He's a cool guy. He also enjoys Doctor Who. I would type more, but we talked about A LOT of random stuff and the conversation hopped around a lot. It would just be confusing to read. So, here's a picture of us with the Doctor.


There's some more people, but the last one I'm going to talk about is Alpha.

Alpha:
I didn't get to talk to Alpha much at all. Only for a little bit before class started. But, it was worth it. Alpha was the coolest. Cool name, cool accent, cool clothes, cool everything. I wish I had gotten his number so her could come hang with me, Boyfriend, and Bearded Roommate. The first thing I thought when I found out his name? TEEN WOLF. So, I asked if he had ever watched it. He was not happy about that.



From that point on, whenever I looked at Alpha, I saw this:


It was pretty hilarious. Especially since he didn't say one word for the rest of the day.

Overall, day one of orientation was pretty great. I learned a lot, made some friends, and got a free lunch. 

My next blog post is going to be about Day Two of orientation. Which was HORRIBLE.