Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Segregation makes Keanu sad.

My grandmother is......a lot of things. I've learned a lot from her, good and bad. Overall, she's your typical 60-something-year-old and a very lovely woman. However, there a few things I'd like to focus on in this post.

#1 She's racist and it's hilarious. She usually won't watch a TV with an African American in it unless they're in a lower-class role, like a janitor or criminal.

 I spent a week at their house once and it was the same week Laurence Fishburne (Dr. Langston) replaced William Petersen (Gil Grissom) on CSI. I wish you had been there. She hadn't been keeping up with the show even though she thought Petersen was the hottest thing since volcanoes. I'm pretty sure was busy catching up on Lost on something. Anyway, she had no idea Petersen was leaving the show and that episode came on and she FREAKED OUT. This is kind of what it looked like when she was watching:




She immediately changed the channel to Jeopardy and proceeded to be absolutely furious with me. She every right to be angry with me. I made sure it happened. I knew what episode of CSI it was and happened. I knew she'd have a freak out. I lied through my teeth and told her it was probably just a rerun. The fact I was on floor crying, laughing, and not responding to her because I couldn't breathe probably didn't help the situation much either. That probably looked a lot like this:






#2 She says ridiculous things, without anything happening to even prompt them. I probably could've just made a blog with a weekly life lesson quote from her.






(For those of you who don't know what Little 5 Points is, it's a town full of homeless people and people pretending to be homeless. Also, it's extremely unsafe. Basically that episode of South Park with all the homeless people invading.)


I was going to do more, but I was just hit a sudden wave of extreme forgetfulness. Soooo, yeah........


AN UNCOMFORTABLE PHOTO APPEARED!